Sector Matters was established by the Northern Ireland Council for Voluntary Action (NICVA) in November 2009. NICVA was founded in 1938 and is the representative and umbrella body for the voluntary and community sector of Northern Ireland.
Sector Matters was set up in response to a need identified in the voluntary and community sector, for cost-effective Human Resource, Finance and related outsourced support services.
Through the delivery of its services, Sector Matters will contribute to NICVA’s objective ‘to support voluntary and community organisations to work effectively to meet the end needs of their users'.
Paula Reynolds - Director of Business Development
Sector Matters is led by Paula Reynolds. Paula held the post of Director of Member Services within NICVA for over 7 years and has worked in the voluntary and community sector for over 17 years during which time she has managed a number of large scale projects and a variety of staff.
Paula will use her extensive experience and commitment to quality assurance to establish Sector Matters as Northern Ireland’s premier social economy provider of quality business services.
Louise Foster - Human Resources Consultant
Paula is joined by Louise Foster. Louise has worked in the field of Human Resources in the voluntary, public and private sector for the past 9 years and holds Graduate Membership of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD).
Louise has a wealth of expertise in recruitment and selection, HR policy development, employee relations and the provision of training and advice. Louise’s experience of working with voluntary and community organisations and small businesses will enable her to effectively identify and meet the HR requirements of our clients.
Associates – The wider team
Sector Matters will draw on the established bank of expertise within NICVA and amongst a wider pool of associates to deliver high quality services.
Our Board of Directors
Sector Matters is a company limited by shares and governed by a Board of Directors. Our Board are made up of well known figures from the voluntary and community, private and social enterprise sectors.
- Seamus McAleavey (Chair), Chief Executive, NICVA
- Marie Cavanagh, Gingerbread NI
- Liam McStravick, Copius Consulting
- Paul Roberts, Ashton Centre
- Vacant role
Vision, Mission and Values
Sector Matters’ vision is of an effective, vibrant voluntary and community sector which works efficiently and effectively to meet the needs of its users.
Sector Matters’ mission is to provide high quality, affordable shared services to voluntary and community sector organisations and to help fund NICVA’s work in promoting the development of the sector.
- Sector Matters will strive for excellence in all that it does in order to provide high quality services.
- Sector Matters works to provide services to support community and voluntary organisations enabling them to concentrate on their work for positive social change to address poverty and exclusion.
- Sector Matters conducts its business in an open, honest, transparent and accountable way to its stakeholders.
- Sector Matters values its staff and associates as the key resource of the organisation.
- Sector Matters is committed to equality, justice and promoting diversity and opposes discrimination of any sort.